Office Administrator (Part Time)
Location: New York, NY
Vericred has built the first multi-carrier, end-to-end quoting, enrollment and member management API solution for Health Insurance and Employee Benefits. With adoption from all of the major medical carriers and overwhelming traction from end-user-facing platforms, our Quoting and Enrollments APIs are set for massive growth and industry disruption.
Vericred is seeking a part time Office Administrator to support our New York office. The Office Administrator contributes to team engagement by creating an office experience for employees and guests that promotes focus, collaboration, and productivity. A highly-organized, resourceful problem solver, the Office Administrator will work closely with the Business Operations team to ensure an office experience for employees and guests that promotes focus, collaboration, and productivity.
This role is based out of our New York City office and reports to the Chief of Staff. This role requires being in office from 10am to 2pm Monday through Thursday.
In this role you will:
- Accept and route packages and deliveries to employees.
- Lead the ordering of supplies, drinks, and food for New York and Omaha offices.
- Manage guest badging and tracking and employee access provisioning, in partnership with the Information Security team.
- Answer and appropriately route incoming phone calls to Vericred headquarters.
- Act as main point of contact for office supply and personal equipment requests.
- Manage external office vendors to support a clean, easy to access, and well-maintained office space.
- Coordinate in-office events as needed in collaboration with team leads, leadership, and operations teams.
- Support implementation and ongoing maintenance of hotelling, conference room, and guest access software; maintain office seating charts.
- Partner with the People team on candidate and new employee needs such as desk assignments and office tours.
- Act as the first point of contact for employees for any facilities or in-office technology needs or escalations.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have 2+ years of work experience in a Administrative Assistant, Office Manager, Receptionist, Employee Experience, or similar role; experience in a startup or technology company preferred.
- Are flexible, anticipate change, and react efficiently and effectively.
- Are highly organized and thoughtful, with strong customer service skills.
- Thrive when working on and balancing multiple projects.
- Are proactive, solution-oriented, and require little follow up or oversight in completing tasks or projects.
- Are well versed in all elements of GSuite, MS Office, Dropbox, and remote communication tools such as Zoom and Slack.
What we do:
Vericred is the way health insurance carriers and employee benefits providers connect with new technology partners to deliver seamless quote-to-card consumer experiences. We are not the websites or apps you use to choose a plan or find a doctor. We are the infrastructure. We are the ‘pipes’ that simplify the complex exchange of quoting, enrollment and eligibility data between carriers and the technology partners responsible for delivering health and employee benefits to hundreds of millions of Americans everyday. Our APIs transmit billions of data points between InsurTech and insurance carriers, powering digital distribution across the insurance industry. Come join the community of insurance geeks creating a seamless digital quote-to-card experience.
Who we are:
We are a group of people who love a good API and all it can do. We are benefits geeks that believe this industry will go through a digital transformation as others have. For efficiency. For better member experiences. To enable new and innovative products. A group that believes that simple data exchange is the key to a thriving industry.
We are connecting the insurance industry. Faster. Better. Awesomely.
Our benefits include:
– Competitive base salary.
– 100% company-paid medical and dental for you and your dependents.
– Healthcare and dependent care FSA (Flexible Spending Account).
– 401(k) with company matching and immediate vesting.
– Twice weekly catered lunches, unlimited snacks, and a stocked fridge for our in-office teams.
– Home office allowance so you can work comfortably wherever you are.
– Flexible PTO policy: take time off without worrying about accruals or carryovers.
– Pre-tax commuting benefits.
– fRYEday: Our end of week Rye tasting and happy hour ritual.
– Stand-up desks.
– Central location: Our NYC Headquarters are next to Madison Square Park/Flatiron District, and our Omaha office is in the Old Mill neighborhood.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful reference and background checks.
Vericred requires COVID-19 vaccination for anyone onsite at a Vericred space (full-time or otherwise). Per policy, the company will make every effort to find reasonable accommodations or exemptions for medical and religious reasons.