Senior Systems Integrator and Data Analyst
Location: New York, NY
Vericred has built the first multi-carrier, end-to-end quoting, enrollment and member management API solution for Health Insurance and Employee Benefits. With adoption from all of the major medical carriers and overwhelming traction from end-user-facing platforms, our Quoting and Enrollments APIs are set for massive growth and industry disruption.
For this role, we are open to remote candidates anywhere in the U.S. Vericred is headquartered in NYC with a second office in Omaha, NE. This role reports into the Head of Product Operations. #LI-Remote
Vericred is seeking a Senior Systems Integrator and Data Analyst to round out the small and nimble Product Operations team. The Product Operations team optimizes the intersection of product, engineering, operations (data, network, and enrollment), and customer success teams through out-of-the-box systems integration support, data, strategy & alignment, communication, and agile excellence. This key, newly created role will have an amazing opportunity to apply their natural curiosity and problem solving skills in helping to identify and measure opportunities to support these teams to scale. The ideal candidate will have a self-starting attitude, and a metrics/data-driven analytical mindset of measuring success and driving continuous improvement. They will be a change agent in the creation and use of analytics to provide deeper insight into business performance and future operations.
The ideal candidate will also have the ability to ensure data integrity at its core, by wiring up integrations so that data between our systems (both out-of-the-box and internally built systems) can be automated, accurate, and streamlined. It’s your duty to define and implement strategies and technology that ensure the seamless integration of data.
Examples of initial projects, stack ranked, are:
- Extract data from various systems into our data lake to foster baseline insights.
- Create department level dashboards for the operations teams.
- Establish customer insights through analyzing the usage of our API’s and applying concepts like leading indicators, revenue predictability, time-to-value, and more.
- Create executive level dashboards.
In this role you will:
- Take on strategic projects that aim to support team scaling and efficiency, and enable data-driven decisions.
- Work with business leaders and stakeholders to define a problem or business need.
- Develop SQL queries to extract data from various sources for analysis and model construction.
- Identify, source, clean, and prepare data for analysis.
- Identify incomplete data, improve data quality, and integrate data from multiple sources
- Design, build, and maintain internal and external data integrations.
- Design, develop, and maintain user-friendly visualizations and dashboards (mostly Tableau); identifying and extracting complex datasets from different sources.
- Analyze data for trends; present findings and recommendations to management and other key stakeholders, as needed.
- Support the access of data that allows the delivery of a product that is timely, accurate, and complete. Help business leaders compare options and make decisions by crafting predictive modeling, as needed.
- Create data analysis dashboards and metrics that can be handed off to teams to help them self-manage growth and productivity.
- Act as a general support agent towards the aim of greater data access, acuity, and literacy.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have proficient experience in systems integrations, particularly around data field mapping. Bonus for experience integrating systems such as: Quickbooks, Salesforce, and Jira.
- Have a minimum of 8 years experience in a data analytics, data science, data engineer or related role that required you to obtain, join, and share data to help drive better decision making and curate customer insights.
- Have experience driving business optimization and supporting efficiency to scale through the use of data.
- Have data access, visualization, wrangling and general ETL skills using tools such as Python, Tableau, SQL, and RStudio Enjoy and have a proven history of showcasing data in a way that is appealing, digestible, and easy to understand.
- Take ownership of projects, enjoy autonomy, and have excellent time management skills.
What we do:
Vericred is the way health insurance carriers and employee benefits providers connect with new technology partners to deliver seamless quote-to-card consumer experiences. We are not the websites or apps you use to choose a plan or find a doctor. We are the infrastructure. We are the ‘pipes’ that simplify the complex exchange of quoting, enrollment and eligibility data between carriers and the technology partners responsible for delivering health and employee benefits to hundreds of millions of Americans everyday. Our APIs transmit billions of data points between InsurTech and insurance carriers, powering digital distribution across the insurance industry. Come join the community of insurance geeks creating a seamless digital quote-to-card experience.
Who we are:
We are a group of people who love a good API and all it can do. We are benefits geeks that believe this industry will go through a digital transformation as others have. For efficiency. For better member experiences. To enable new and innovative products. A group that believes that simple data exchange is the key to a thriving industry.
We are connecting the insurance industry. Faster. Better. Awesomely.
Our benefits include:
– Competitive base salary.
– 100% company-paid medical and dental for you and your dependents.
– Healthcare and dependent care FSA (Flexible Spending Account).
– 401(k) with company matching and immediate vesting.
– Twice weekly catered lunches, unlimited snacks, and a stocked fridge for our in-office teams.
– Home office allowance so you can work comfortably wherever you are.
– Flexible PTO policy: take time off without worrying about accruals or carryovers.
– Pre-tax commuting benefits.
– fRYEday: Our end of week Rye tasting and happy hour ritual.
– Stand-up desks.
– Central location: Our NYC Headquarters are next to Madison Square Park/Flatiron District, and our Omaha office is in the Old Mill neighborhood.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful reference and background checks.
Vericred requires COVID-19 vaccination for anyone onsite at a Vericred space (full-time or otherwise). Per policy, the company will make every effort to find reasonable accommodations or exemptions for medical and religious reasons.