Data Operations Manager, QA
Location: New York, NY
Vericred has built the first multi-carrier, end-to-end quoting, enrollment and member management API solution for Health Insurance and Employee Benefits. With adoption from all of the major medical carriers and overwhelming traction from end-user-facing platforms, our Quoting and Enrollments APIs are set for massive growth and industry disruption.
About Data Operations at Vericred
The Data Operations team uses our in-house technology to support the aggregation, ingestion, and production of our Quoting and Decision Support Data Sets. The QA function of the Data Operations team is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of our data sets. This key role of QA Manager will drive the improvement of processes and the direction of tooling and technology enhancements in order to ensure only the highest quality data is released into production. Our team’s culture is one of scrappiness, collaboration, and growth and we sit uniquely at the intersection of technical and business teams in order to drive results.
This role is located in NYC and reports to the Director of Data Operations.
In this role you will:
- Lead the QA function and team including resources, workflows, and process refinement.
- Ensure delivery of a product that is timely, accurate, and complete.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to identify tech and tooling needs for incremental improvements to QA processes.
- Develop, report on and drive improvements in KPIs related to the quality and efficiency of QA processes.
- Develop a strategic roadmap for advanced analytics in QA.
- Develop data quality rules management systems and procedures.
- Reduce manual intervention of data quality processes through automation.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have 5+ years experience in an data related QA role that requires the utmost precision and attention to detail.
- Have experience with optimizing data quality through testing and analytic tools and process.
- Have data access, visualization and wrangling skills using tools such as Python, Tableau, SQL and/or RStudio.
- Have 3+ years of experience managing, developing and retaining and team of direct reports.
- Have a track record of earning and taking on increased responsibility over time.
- Have an eye for detail and a love for data.
- Are a results-based and a solutions-oriented thinker and problem solver.
- Have exceptional problem solving skills.
What we do:
Vericred is the way health insurance carriers and employee benefits providers connect with new technology partners to deliver seamless quote-to-card consumer experiences. We are not the websites or apps you use to choose a plan or find a doctor. We are the infrastructure. We are the ‘pipes’ that simplify the complex exchange of quoting, enrollment and eligibility data between carriers and the technology partners responsible for delivering health and employee benefits to hundreds of millions of Americans everyday. Our APIs transmit billions of data points between InsurTech and insurance carriers, powering digital distribution across the insurance industry. Come join the community of insurance geeks creating a seamless digital quote-to-card experience.
Who we are:
We are a group of people who love a good API and all it can do. We are benefits geeks that believe this industry will go through a digital transformation as others have. For efficiency. For better member experiences. To enable new and innovative products. A group that believes that simple data exchange is the key to a thriving industry.
We are connecting the insurance industry. Faster. Better. Awesomely.
Our benefits include:
– Competitive base salary.
– 100% company-paid medical and dental for you and your dependents.
– Healthcare and dependent care FSA (Flexible Spending Account).
– 401(k) with company matching and immediate vesting.
– Twice weekly catered lunches, unlimited snacks, and a stocked fridge for our in-office teams.
– Home office allowance so you can work comfortably wherever you are.
– Flexible PTO policy: take time off without worrying about accruals or carryovers.
– Pre-tax commuting benefits.
– fRYEday: Our end of week Rye tasting and happy hour ritual.
– Stand-up desks.
– Central location: Our NYC Headquarters are next to Madison Square Park/Flatiron District, and our Omaha office is in the Old Mill neighborhood.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful reference and background checks.