Location: New York, NY
Vericred has built the first multi-carrier, end-to-end quoting, enrollment and member management API solution for Health Insurance and Employee Benefits. With adoption from all of the major medical carriers and overwhelming traction from end-user-facing platforms, our Quoting and Enrollments APIs are set for massive growth and industry disruption.
About Finance and Accounting at Vericred
Vericred is seeking a Staff Accountant within Vericred’s corporate accounting function. This is a newly created position that will support the financial operations of a company in the process of doubling in headcount. This is a hands-on position with broad exposure where you will partner with and learn from the Vice President of Finance to evolve existing financial processes and own day to day financial operations. Our ideal candidate is a dynamic professional looking to further their accounting experience, take on increasing responsibility, and grow with Vericred.
This role is based out of our NYC Headquarters and reports to the VP Finance.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for adhering to accounting defined accounting policies, posting transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Support and own elements of process and system transformation within the Finance department.
- Ensure that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Assist with PBC (prepared by client) deliverables for external auditors.
- Comply with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property, Delaware franchise and other applicable taxes.
- Adhere to developed internal controls.
- Create expense reports and reconcile bank statements.
- Analyze transactions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist month-end and year-end closures.
- Prepare documents for audits.
- Apply new accounting policies and ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
- Other finance and administrative duties as required.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have 3-5+ years of increasing accounting and financial systems experience, with a public accounting firm or in the private sector.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business.
- Have strong systems skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Thrive while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Required: knowledge in QuickBooks, spreadsheets, accounting close process.
- Nice to have: knowledge of Bill.com, ADP payroll, Xactly, Zurora.
What we do:
Vericred is the way health insurance carriers and employee benefits providers connect with new technology partners to deliver seamless quote-to-card consumer experiences. We are not the websites or apps you use to choose a plan or find a doctor. We are the infrastructure. We are the ‘pipes’ that simplify the complex exchange of quoting, enrollment and eligibility data between carriers and the technology partners responsible for delivering health and employee benefits to hundreds of millions of Americans everyday. Our APIs transmit billions of data points between InsurTech and insurance carriers, powering digital distribution across the insurance industry. Come join the community of insurance geeks creating a seamless digital quote-to-card experience.
Who we are:
We are a group of people who love a good API and all it can do. We are benefits geeks that believe this industry will go through a digital transformation as others have. For efficiency. For better member experiences. To enable new and innovative products. A group that believes that simple data exchange is the key to a thriving industry.
We are connecting the insurance industry. Faster. Better. Awesomely.
Our benefits include:
– Competitive base salary.
– 100% company-paid medical and dental for you and your dependents.
– Healthcare and dependent care FSA (Flexible Spending Account).
– 401(k) with company matching and immediate vesting.
– Twice weekly catered lunches, unlimited snacks, and a stocked fridge for our in-office teams.
– Home office allowance so you can work comfortably wherever you are.
– Flexible PTO policy: take time off without worrying about accruals or carryovers.
– Pre-tax commuting benefits.
– fRYEday: Our end of week Rye tasting and happy hour ritual.
– Stand-up desks.
– Central location: Our NYC Headquarters are next to Madison Square Park/Flatiron District, and our Omaha office is in the Old Mill neighborhood.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful reference and background checks.