Location: New York, NY
Vericred has built the first multi-carrier, end-to-end quoting, enrollment and member management API solution for Health Insurance and Employee Benefits. With adoption from all of the major medical carriers and overwhelming traction from end-user-facing platforms, our Quoting and Enrollments APIs are set for massive growth and industry disruption.
We are seeking a Product Designer within Vericred’s Product team. In this newly created function, we are looking for our first Product Designer to help define and bring amazing experiences to life for our different customer segments – insurance carriers, insurance technology providers and end consumers. The person in this role will also be responsible for defining the design standards and paradigms for the Vericred product and website.
For this role, we are open to remote candidates anywhere in the U.S. Vericred is headquartered in NYC with a second office in Omaha, NE. This role reports into the Vice President of Product. #LI-Remote
In this role you will:
- Apply strategic thinking to design and deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences (visual and interaction) that optimize among user needs, business goals, and technological realities across web & mobile platforms.
- Create user interface design, architecture and functionality according to usability best practices, standards-compliant design and most importantly, user-tested data.
- Come up with the best creative and innovative solutions achieved within timeline and scope.
- Be responsible for seeing the idea from the promise to final delivery.Contribute to the development of the team’s culture and quality standards.
- Present and effectively communicate the conceptual vision and foster ideas to help spread storytelling techniques to inspire the team.
- Effectively collaborate with and influence your project partners and the product organization made up of product managers, engineers, marketers, operations, customer success and sales.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience in interaction design, product design, service design, or related field.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Product Design, Human-Computer Interaction Design, or other relevant field.
- Have a deep knowledge of design principles and methods.
- Have a curiosity and commitment to testing new ideas and innovating to drive business results.
- Have effective communication, presentation, and collaboration.
- Are an expert in conveying ideas and concepts through storyboarding, wireframing, and prototyping.
- Are a master of design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and Invision.
- Have a dazzling online portfolio demonstrating your strong craft and collaborative process.
What we do:
Vericred is the way health insurance carriers and employee benefits providers connect with new technology partners to deliver seamless quote-to-card consumer experiences. We are not the websites or apps you use to choose a plan or find a doctor. We are the infrastructure. We are the ‘pipes’ that simplify the complex exchange of quoting, enrollment and eligibility data between carriers and the technology partners responsible for delivering health and employee benefits to hundreds of millions of Americans everyday. Our APIs transmit billions of data points between InsurTech and insurance carriers, powering digital distribution across the insurance industry. Come join the community of insurance geeks creating a seamless digital quote-to-card experience.
Who we are:
We are a group of people who love a good API and all it can do. We are benefits geeks that believe this industry will go through a digital transformation as others have. For efficiency. For better member experiences. To enable new and innovative products. A group that believes that simple data exchange is the key to a thriving industry.
We are connecting the insurance industry. Faster. Better. Awesomely.
Our benefits include:
– Competitive base salary.
– 100% company-paid medical and dental for you and your dependents.
– Healthcare and dependent care FSA (Flexible Spending Account).
– 401(k) with company matching and immediate vesting.
– Twice weekly catered lunches, unlimited snacks, and a stocked fridge for our in-office teams.
– Home office allowance so you can work comfortably wherever you are.
– Flexible PTO policy: take time off without worrying about accruals or carryovers.
– Pre-tax commuting benefits.
– fRYEday: Our end of week Rye tasting and happy hour ritual.
– Stand-up desks.
– Central location: Our NYC Headquarters are next to Madison Square Park/Flatiron District, and our Omaha office is in the Old Mill neighborhood.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful reference and background checks.
Vericred requires COVID-19 vaccination for anyone onsite at a Vericred space (full-time or otherwise). Per policy, the company will make every effort to find reasonable accommodations or exemptions for medical and religious reasons.